Les Barden Built
3-bar Sled For Sale
Never been used
Red Oak runners, bunks, roller nose and team pole.
Built in the traditional style:
- The team pole is fastened to the roller nose using feather bolts and reinforced with diagonal bracing.
- The runners are shod with ¼” steel strap.
- 1” steel pins (easily removed for transport) connect the roller nose to the runners.
- 7/8” trunnel pins hold the bunks in place allowing for flexing and maximum strength.
- Red Oak frame
- Red Oak deck
- White Pine 1” board sides
This sled was one of the last pieces of equipment that Les built. All of the lumber came from his woodlot, and was sawn on his mill. Very nicely crafted.
If you are interested or have any questions, please call Tim at 603-568-7388.
Used Equipment for Sale
Note: Information and price for each item will show when hovering the cursor over the photo.
This shave horse was custom built for ox whip maker Harold Allen of Reading Vermont. I purchased it several years ago from Harold's widow Germaine. I had purchased many fine twisted whips from Harold. He was a true craftsman and a fine individual.
The day I picked up the shave horse was the first time that I got to meet Germaine. Such a wonderful lady. She shared stories of Harold, and of her growing up in Northern France. The house smelled of fresh baked bread and apple pie. Little did I know that she was sending me home with a fresh loaf and a warm pie.
It is my hope that this shave horse is once again put to good use. If you have any questions please call me. Tim 603-568-7388
Buyer of shave horse must arrange for pickup in Farmington, NH.